TRAINEE / ASSISTANT LANDSCAPE CONTRACTS MANAGER
Location: Based in Cirencester, Gloucestershire and working in the Cotswolds and neighbouring regions.
Job Description: A full time role assisting the Managing Director and Contracts Managers with hard and soft landscape construction and maintenance contracts.
Salary: £20-£25k depending on experience.
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Trainee Landscape Contracts Manager who will report directly to our MD. Responsibilities include assisting with managing various aspects of contracts to ensure that construction projects and maintenance programmes are completed on time, within budget and to a high quality standard.
Opportunity within this role exists for considerable personal and professional development which will be supported by the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
Supporting the Managing Director and Contracts Managers in a wide range of landscape, construction and maintenance projects in line with our Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Standards and company policies. Duties may include assisting with the following:
- Quotations and estimating work.
- Project management and scheduling of landscape works.
- Sourcing and ordering materials and plants.
- Management and allocation of resources including staff, vehicles, plant, machinery and equipment.
- Health and Safety: Including site inspections, risk assessments and maintaining site records.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard, assisting on site as required.
- Ensuring good client communications and relations.
- Construction / Landscape Design or Horticultural background with good plant knowledge and with qualification preferably at degree level.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills with a can do attitude.
- Computer literacy skills – word processing and spreadsheets as a minimum.
- Integrity and desire to embrace company values.
- Practical experience of landscape construction and maintenance operations.
- Supervisory experience / management of staff.
- Appropriate LISS/CSCS competency qualifications.
- Competent in producing risk assessments and method statements.
- Experience of leading teams and / or co-ordinating the work of others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with contract documentation and interpretation of drawings.
Applications with CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer
Our team works hard together to deliver landscaping projects to a high standard ensuring that our customers can be confident that their projects will be delivered with the highest level of workmanship and care.
We have a number of new and exciting projects to deliver and are looking to grow our team by recruiting both hard and soft landscapers.
These are full time posts and we are specifically looking for;
- Hard Landscapers with general building, wall and patio construction and stone walling experience
- Operatives with a excavator,forklift, tractor or other site skills and appropriate qualifications
- Gardening experience with a knowledge of plants
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Physical ability for site work
- Delivery of high quality customer service
- Reliable and punctual
- Flexible approach to working as part of a team
- Full driving licence
In return we are able to offer a full time role with a competitive salary, and access to comprehensive additional training.
To apply for a role with our company please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer.