- Don’t wait till the last minute, live trees are cut during October and November, choosing early gives you more time to enjoy and care for your tree!
- Check your measurements, whilst big is beautiful you still need to be able to transport your tree home.
- Buy an unwrapped tree, not only will the branches not be bent, the tree will last longer as will be able to maintain its own micro-climate and will not start to decompose dropping its needles too early.
- Needles should feel waxy to the touch and should be dark green in colour.
- To aid needle retention saw a few cm’s off the bottom of the trunk and soak the tree overnight in water (like a bunch of flowers).
- Use a stand that can hold water, trees can loose (by evaporation) several litres of water a day, watering the tree to replace this loss will prolong the life of your tree.
- After the fun and festivities are over don’t forget to recycle your tree!